Special thanks to Neva Pilgrim for featuring Gravitations on WCNY’s “Fresh Ink”.
About the Composer
The music of James G. Lindsay has been championed by some of the country’s most distinguished artists, including members of the Metropolitan Opera Orchestra and the Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center. His original compositions have been broadcast by WCNY Classic FM radio, and his film scores have premiered at festivals including the Boston International Film Festival and DOC NYC. Recent commissions include a work for strings, piano and voice for the Memling Ensemble, and an original score for the documentary film No Control. James holds degrees in music performance and composition from the Boston Conservatory at Berklee, New York University, and the Mannes College of Music. James also enjoys teaching, and shares his passion for music through private piano and composition lessons.
Film and Commercial Music
• Boston International Film Festival—Landmark’s Kendall Square Cinema, Cambridge, MA; A Blood Throne, original film score
• WCNY Classic FM radio broadcast, Fresh Ink — Society for New Music, hosted by Neva Pilgrim; Gravitations
• DOC NYC Film Festival—IFC Center, New York, NY; No Control, original film score
• The Memling Ensemble, Chamber Music of James G. Lindsay and Lowell Liebermann—Engelman Recital Hall, Baruch Performing Arts Center, New York, NY; Gravitations
• Ashleé Miller, Clarinet Recital—The Graduate Center, CUNY, New York, NY; Sonata for Clarinet and Piano
• Mannes Contemporary Music Festival, CIRCE competition winners—Mannes College of Music, New York, NY; Sonata for Clarinet and Piano
• Marc Peloquin, Keyed Up Music Project—Tenri Cultural Institute, New York, NY; Rhapsody on an American Theme
• Daniel Colalillo, CD Release Concert—Engelman Recital Hall, Baruch Performing Arts Center, New York, NY; Metal Destroyer
• Concert for New Music—Mannes College of Music, New York, NY; Torrent of Iron
Special thanks to clarinetist Ashleé Miller and pianist Daniel Colalillo for their wonderful performance of my Sonata for Clarinet and Piano. It was a pleasure meeting and working with these incredible musicians.
Get in touch with James Lindsay by using the contact form below.